The Department of Agriculture, Tamil Nadu Government has a scheme for all farmers of the state by modernising the agricultural sector through mechanisation of agriculture.
- To Increase production, productivity and profitability in agriculture by achieving timeliness in farm operations
- Bringing precision in metering and placement of inputs, reducing available input losse.
- Increasing utilization efficiency of costly inputs (seed, chemical, fertilizer, irrigation, water etc.).
- Helping in the conservation of the produce and byproducts from qualitative and quantitative damages.
- To enable value addition and establishment of agro processing enterprises for additional income and employment generation from farm produce.
- All Districts (Except Chennai) of the state.
- All farmers of the state.
- Subsidy is provided to farmers for procuring Agricultural Machinery and implements such as Tractors, Power Tillers, Self propelled Paddy Transplanters, Self propelled paddy reapers, Rotavator, Cultivator, Disc Plough, Chisel Plough etc.
- 25% subsidy of the cost of machinery / implements or the ceiling limit prescribed by Government of India for each machinery / implement whichever is less.
How to Apply
Visit these nearest officers-
- Assistant Executive Engineer, AED in the Revenue Division.
- Executive Engineer, AED in the District.
- Superintending Engineer, AED in the Region.
- Chief Engineer, Agricultural Engineering Department, Nandanam, Chennai-35.
Phone 2435 2686 , 2435 2622.
For More Info: Click Here.
For Updates Download our App: Click Here.