- Eighty-two cities of five states, including Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Mizoram, Gujarat and Odisha, have announced to invest Rs.242 crore under the Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT) action plans for 2015-16.
- With water logging in these cities as a recurrent problem, the states propose for the construction of storm water drains for discharging flood waters in 25 cities.
- Central assistance to the extent of 50% of project costs will be extended to cities with a population of below 10 lakhs each and one-third of project cost if the population is above 10 lakhs.
- In Odisha, the project will be taken up in Puri, at an approved cost of Rs.15 cr during the current financial year.
- In Gujarat, storm water drain projects in Bhuj and Vadodara have been approved at a cost of Rs.39 cr. and in Mizoram with Rs.47 crore.