The Balika Samriddhi Yojana (BSY) was launched in 1997 by the Central Govt to change the negative attitude towards the girl child with an aim to increase enrolment and retention of girls in schools, to increase their marriage age and to create income opportunities and activities for them.
- To change negative family and community attitudes towards the girl child at birth and towards her mother.
- To improve enrolment and retention of girl children in schools.
- To raise the marriage age of girls.
- To assist the girl to undertake income generating activities.
- Girl children in families below the poverty line, who are born on or after 15th August, 1997 are covered under BSY.
- Benefits under BSY are restricted to two girl children in each household born on or after 15.8.97 irrespective of the total number of children in the household.
- A post birth grant amount of Rs. 500/
- Eligible for annual scholarships for education according to class
|Class||Amount of Annual Scholarship|
|I-III||Rs. 300/- per annum for each class|
|IV||Rs. 500/- per annum|
|V||Rs. 600/- per annum|
|VI-VII||Rs. 700/- per annum for each class|
|VIII||Rs. 800/- per annum|
|IX-X||Rs. 1000/- per annum for each class|
For more Details: Click Here