This Scheme is launched by Women and Child Department, Karnataka.
- To promote the birth of girl children in below poverty line families and to raise the status of the girl child in the family in particular and society in general.
- Financial assistance is provided to the girl child through her mother/father or natural guardian subject to the fulfillment of certain conditions.
- The birth of the child should be compulsorily registered.
- The scheme is implemented in collaboration with the LIC.
- Is applicable to all children born on or after 01/08/2008.
- The benefits of the scheme are restricted to 2 girl children of a BPL family.
- The child should-
- be immunized as per the programme of the Health Department.
- be enrolled in the Anganwadi centre.
- take admission in a school recognized by the Education Department.
- not to become a child labourer.
- Not to marry until the age of 18 years.
- An amount of Rs. 19,300/- will be deposited with the financial institution in the name of the first girl beneficiary and Rs. 18,350/- in the name of the second girl beneficiary of the same family. On attainment of 18 years of age, the first girl beneficiary of the family who fulfils the conditions of the scheme will get a maturity amount of Rs. 1,00,097/- and the second girl beneficiary will get Rs. 1,00,052/-.
- The beneficiaries who are desirous to continue higher education after passing SSLC and have attained 15 years are eligible to pledge the bond and avail loan upto a maximum of Rs. 50,000/- from recognized banks.
For Scheme related queries, Contact: Director (Women & Child Department)
Email: [email protected]
Phone : 080 22355984
For More Info: Click Here.