This is a regional initiative which includes entrepreneurs, business and community leaders and governments – committed to provide startups– access to tools and resources that will help them grow and making Bihar an entrepreneurship hub in the long run. Bihar Startup Yatra (BSY) will collaborate with Department of Industries, Government of Bihar and Bihar Entrepreneurship Association (BEA) to effectively assist start-ups belonging to this state. This initiative is four years old but it has got momentum in 2014 only.
Bihar has been classified under the BIMARU state category for decades and the rampant migration of youths to other states in search of employment has motivated the founders to establish a platform where startups can be fostered. BSY provides start to end service to potential entrepreneurs. They provide a number of services which has been listed below:
- Initial techniques of starting a business
- Market report
- Schemes related to an entrepreneur’s interest area: government and corporate schemes
- An opportunity for networking with other successful enterprises
- Innovative and disruptive technology will get priority
- Toolkit for entrepreneur setup
- 100 entrepreneurs from every district
This is one of the best opportunities for the entrepreneurs belonging to Bihar to convert their dreams into reality. After talking with Mr. Ajeet Kumar (contact person), we learned that the initiative is rolled out with full strength.