Name of the scheme: Financial Assistance to Foreign Artistes and Cultural Professionals to study and/or learn Indian Culture (Intangible Cultural Heritage) in any form
Purpose: The scheme provides support to foreign artists to learn under independent gurus or schools/ institutions of repute, Indian dance, drama, music, etc. For this purpose the foreign artists will be entitled to a lump sum grant-in-aid amount for expenditure towards course fee, and/or stipend as decided from time to time to cover local expenses and return air-fare on successful completion of the training.
- Foreign artists who take up study in India in the field of music, dance, drama, etc. of their choice at individual gurus or recognized institutions teaching the same.
- The foreign artists/students should be interested in learning the art form of their choice and should have already chosen a supervisor (guru/institution) in India who would be ready to teach the artistes.
- These artists will be supported for maximum of two years and they could then act like vehicles of transmitting Indian culture to different territories of the world.
- Only individuals /citizens of foreign countries interested in learning any form of Indian art would be eligible to apply.
- The applicant should have identified the Guru/Institution from where he/she wishes to learn and should have an acceptance from the said Guru/Institution to teach him/her.
- The individuals should have a letter of offer/recommendation/ approval inviting the applicant to the course from the Guru/Institution/Host Organization.
- The applicant should have the means or resources to bear expenditure over and above the amount of financial assistance.
Quantum of Assistance:
- The grant would cover expenditure towards the travel cost on actual basis subject to a maximum amount of Rs 75,000/- (international airfare from the applicant’s home country to India), course fee and/or stipend to cover local expenses for a maximum of two years.
- The financial assistance would be a maximum of Rs. 20,000/- per month for meeting the expenditure of the course fee and/or stipend as ascertained from the concerned Guru/Institution, up to be decided and approved by the Committee.
- In case, where tee artist is staying with the Guru/Institution, payment of accommodation charges/stipend would be given as per the recommendations of the Guru/Institution, subject to a maximum period of 2 years.
- On successful completion of the course/ training and issue of a certificate to this effect by the guru/institute, the applicant would also be entitled for return airfare (economy class as per actuals subject to a maximum of Rs. 75,000/-, it includes both side air fare.).
How to apply?
Click here to know more