Indian IT capital Bengaluru’s traffic condition didn’t spare even the prestigious Invest Karnataka 2016 summit as many industrial moguls including Infosys founder Mr. NR Narayana Murthy has requested the Chief Minister of the state Mr. Siddaramaiah to make the city “livable” for its inhabitants.
- While mqany big IT firms encourage young people to work in Tier-II cities like Trivandrum, Mysore, Indore, Nagpur etc. the lot prefer to work in Bengaluru for its multicultural approach. Bengaluru has done a pretty good job in the IT sector as the city has generated value of $35 billion, out of this amount $27 billion came from exports alone.
- Buzz is that if Karnataka is able to fix Bengaluru’s worsening traffic condition and its whole infrastructure, then no one can stop it from becoming the fastest state in the country.
- However, Road Transport & Highways Minister Mr. Nitin Gadkari announced that the Central government will spend Rs. 1 lakh crore to improve road and transportation network in the State. The money will be utilized within the next 2 years.
- Gadkari has also described how this Rs. 1 lakh crore will be spent. He said that the centre will spend more than Rs. 60,000 crore to establish road network in the state by end of this year and will undertake more projects related to road and transportation worth Rs. 40,000 crore in 2017.
- The state currently has a highway length of 9632 km and the minister assured that the central will add 4000 km more to it. He also revealed that the Bengaluru-Mysore and Shiradi green tunnel are among the projects which will be implemented as well to ease the traffic.
- Karnataka Government is adding 18 km of length in one day and the Mr. Gadkari’s target is to increase it up to 30 km per day.