Rajasthan government launched its IT Policy-2015 with an aim to achieve good governance by having comprehensive growth, focusing on Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and evolving e-Governance with ease of doing business, prompt delivery of services to make the state digitally inclined.
The policy came into existence in October, 2015 and will be available till the year 2025.
- Make 2 individuals (a minimum one female per household) in every household e-literate
- Create employment opportunities for 5 lakh people in the ICT sector
- Develop at least 2,000 technology startups
- Special focus on IT/ITeS/ESDM sector
- Increase current investment in IT/ITeS sector as well as increase IT turnover to ₹ 50,000 crore
- Increase IT exports from the state to ₹ 5000 crore
- Establishment of Smart Cities all around the state
- Connectivity up to Panchayat level by 2016
- Promote Robotics and Open Source Technology
- The policy talks about making all the government services transparent so that people can have easy access.
- Automated Unified Service Delivery and benefits transfer using e-Mitra and Bhamashah
- Unrestricted and seamless means of service delivery -Web Portals, Mobile, e-Mitra Kiosks
- Connectivity till village level (RajNET)
- Automated electronic verifications and secure storage – Raj eVault
- Complete readiness for mobile governance
IT/ITeS Industry Development-
The state government will reimburse 30% of the expenditure of enterprises to obtain quality certifications for CMM (Capability Maturity Model) Level 2 upwards, amounting to a maximum of ₹ 5 lakh. Same shall be provided to BS7799 for security, to ITeS companies for attaining COPC and ESCM certifications as well. The IT/ITES units/companies/firms can claim this incentive only once.
- Service enterprises having investment of more than ₹ 25 lakh shall be provided 5% Interest Subsidy on term loans
- Reimbursement of Patent Filing Costs up to ₹ 3 lakh per patent awarded per year
Reimbursement up to ₹ 5 lakh on fixed capital for Manpower Development by the enterprises.
For more information, read the policy HERE