- PM Narendra Modi has said that Germany will provide India more than 2 billion euros ($2.25 billion) for developing a clean energy corridor and solar projects.
- PM has made ambitious renewable energy targets a key part of his development agenda and climate change mitigation commitments ahead of a landmark international summit in Paris at the end of this year.
- India and Germany inked 18 MoUs in areas ranging from renewable energy to skill development and culture.
- Both the countries also want to resume talks for a free trade as early as possible.
- The two sides also announced setting up of a fast-track system for German companies in India.
Source: Business Standard