The Scheme is sponsored by Government of India with State Government to distribute scholarship among students. Under this scheme Rs. 1850 i.e. Rs. 110 per month for 10 months as scholarship for day scholars and Rs. 750 as Adhoc grant from classes (1st to 10th) is to be paid to each beneficiary as sanction of amount is received from Government of India.
To distribute scholarship among students.
- Minority students
- Disabled students
For Minority students the benefits are –
- The scholarship is admissible for 10 academic months at Rs.100 per month as maintenance allowance from classes (1st to 10th) along with admission fee from class VI to X at Rs.500 p.a.
- Private schools or subject to actual and tuition fee from class VI to X at Rs. 350 p.m. or subject to actual.
- For Hostellers from classes 1 to V, no maintenance allowance or Tuition fee and Admission fee is paid. Only the maintenance allowance is paid at Rs. 600 per month for 10 months only i.e. Rs. 6000 per annum.
For Disabled Students:
- Disabilities students in classes 9th and 10th in Government Schools or schools recognized by Center or State Board of Secondary Education Scholarship will be paid whose parents or guardians income from all sources does not exceed more than Rs. 2,00,000 per annum.
- Rate of scholarship to Day scholars at Rs. 350 and at Rs. 600 for hostellers, for books as adhoc grant per annum for day scholars Rs. 750 and for hostellers Rs. 1000.
- Monthly allowance for Blind students is Rs. 160, monthly transport allowance is Rs. 160, Escort allowance for severly Disabled i.e. with 80% or higher disability Day scholar or students with low extremity disability Rs. 160
- Severly orthopedically handicapped student residing in the hostel of an Educational Institution who may need the assistance of a helper is Rs. 160 and monthly coaching allowance to Mentally Retarted and Mentally ill students Rs. 240.
How to apply:
To apply for the scheme refer to this link-https://www.himachal.gov.in/index1.phplang=1&dpt_id=16&level=0&linkid=595&lid=1531
For More Info: Click Here