- India has improved its position by 14 ranks in several segments of business
- It stood at 34 among 60 leading economies.
- Although India figured in bottom 10 in overall ranking, it figured at 53 in business operating environment.
- It stood 2nd in overall growth and worker productivity
- Even though it showed considerable growth, improvement is required in certain areas to increase its overall rating and to figure in bottom 30 economies as per Grant Thornton Global Dynamism Index (GDI)
- Poor regulatory systems and lack of investments in science and technology dragged the ranking of India.
- GDI ranking for India’s work force and growth recognized by many business houses and made them to look towards India.
- Growth and human capital in India attracted corporates from across the world into India and the world has noted that the PM has made it a personal priority to improve the business operating environment. This increased interest in India is reflected in the significant growth in India’s ranking in the GDI
- This increased interest in India reflected the significant growth in India’s ranking in the GDI.