Rural Development Department, Haryana Government has come up with the Haryana Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme for providing direct employment to rural people of the State for living the life with ease.
- To provide round the year employment with minimum guarantee of one hundred days of wage employment in every financial year to every household whose adult members volunteer to do unskilled manual work.
- Creation of durable community, social and economic assets and infrastructural development in rural areas.
- All rural households who are in need of wage employment and desire to do manual and unskilled work in and around his/her village/habitation.
- For registration, applicant should be a local resident within the Panchayat
- Register themselves as a household with the local Gram Panchayat
- Obtain a household Job Card from the Gram Panchayat
- Apply for work on the basis of the Job Card
- Be willing to do unskilled manual work
- The women who have registered and requested for work under the scheme shall get priority.
- Preference shall be given to any disabled person from the rural areas who applied for work.
Rural Development Department of the State Government shall be the Nodal agency for implementation of Scheme.
Funding & Benefits:
- The State Government shall bear 25% and Central Government shall bear 75% of the cost of material and wages of skilled and semi-skilled workers, unemployment allowance payable under the Scheme.
- Equal wages shall be paid to men and women workers.
- In case if applicant is not provided with employment within the period of 15 days then he/she will be given unemployment allowance @ one fourth of wage rate.
- Hospitalization and Medical facilities will be provided freely to the worker.
For More Info: Click Here