State Horticulture Mission
1. To enhance the production of horticulture by implementing the modern technology in the existing lands which are already cultivating horticulture and by bringing more land in to the fold of horticulture.
2. Application of differentiated systems and strategies basing on location of land to increase the yield.
3. To encourage research and technology development in post harvest management, processing and marketing.
4. To ensure income generation and improving employment generation especially in rural youth.
Process and Guidelines :
- To achieve the set targets, Government has proposed to encourage model nurseries both in public sector and also in private sector.
- For developing model nurseries in private sector there is a minimum land holding stipulation. For example to grow a cashew nut model nursery minimum land is 4hectars.
- The nurseries should produce a lakh plants and small nurseries should produce 60thousand plants. The beneficiaries will be selected by District Horticulture Mission.
- The applicant should have specifies infrastructure for raising a nursery. In case of private nurseries permission for the department of Agriculture is necessary.
- The selected beneficiary will bee provided with a loan linked back ended subsidy. Producing high quality plants is the responsibility of the beneficiary.
- MOU will be executed between the Mission and the beneficiary. The Deputy Director of the Mission will visit the nurseries frequently to encure the quality and quantity of production.
- Separate guide lines were given for each plantation.
For complete details Click Here