- At the Indo-US cyber dialogue India conveyed its acceptance on US backed stakeholders model on Internet governance.
- The US suggested India to start a discussion with ICANN for a root server at New Delhi
- At present, there are 13 root servers throughout the world out of which 10 are in the US, two in Europe and one in Japan.
- India sees the possibility of having 14th root server or relocating one of the 13 servers
- Root servers have mirror servers to share the load. India has 6 mirror servers.
- At the meeting India also raised its issues with WhatsApp and Facebook services.