- India decided to buy Sukhoi T-50 (also known as PAK FA) stealth fighter in order to strengthen its friendship with Russia.
- India also opened an option for Russia to work jointly on Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft (FGFA) project.
- Official from ministry of defence suggested the possibility of Indian Air Force pilots flight-testing the Russian stealth bombers in order to remove the obstacles involved with the Indo-Russian collaboration
- As estimated time frame for induction of these advanced stealth jets is by 2020,India opted to buy T-50 stealth jets as a stopgap.
- Russian defence ministry suggested to make upgradation to its fleet of SU-30SM aircraft by improving features like avionics, radar and engines.
- According to Russian Federal Service for Military-Technical Cooperation, Russia delivered $4.7 billion worth of weapons and military hardware to India in 2014.
- Russia also assured that they will never take any steps affecting the security and safety of India.
- This assurance may form a guideline to our President’s foreign policy concept