An insurance scheme of Life Insurance Corporation of India known as Janashree Bima Yojana scheme has been introduced in the State of West Bengal by Backward Class Welfare Department for providing insurance coverage to three Primitive Tribal Groups.
The objective of the scheme is to provide life insurance protection to the rural and urban poor persons below poverty line and marginally above the poverty line.
Any person who is:
- Aged between 18 and 59 years
- Below or marginally above poverty line
- A member of any of the approved vocation/occupation group
- Beneficiary is provided with a sum of Rs. 500/- as premium per annum for five years.
- Children of the beneficiaries of the insurance scheme are entitled to Rs. 1200/- per year provided that they are studying in Class IX to Class XII.
For More Info: Click Here