The objectives of the scheme are as follows:
- To give financial support to the artists in indigent circumstances.
- To grant monthly financial assistance to the artists who are in indigent conditions to meet their daily needs.
- To recognize the contribution of artists in the field of Art & Culture.
- Any artist who is in indigent condition is eligible for assistance under this scheme.
- Artist should attain the age of 60 years at the time of applying for the scheme.
- Artist must have given contribution in the field of Art & Culture or should have worked in the field of Art & Culture to become eligible under this scheme.
- The income of the applicant artist should not exceed 48,000/- per annum. (However this clause shall not be applicable, where the applicant is recipient of’ ‘State Cultural Award’).
- Number of cases to be sanctioned will depend upon the availability of funds for every financial year.
- An eligible artist shall be granted financial assistance to the extent of 2,500/- per month every year.
- Recipient of State Cultural Award will be entitled for Financial Assistance to the extent of 3,200/- per month every year.
Scheme Valid till: 31st March 2021
For More Info: Click Here