The life sciences sector, characterized by high investments and high demand, continues to remain the mainstay of scientific research across the world. The sector promises extraordinary potential in many emerging areas of development such as oncology, bio-similar development, development of vaccines and viral drugs, new drug developments in the emerging patent expiry scenario, improved healthcare delivery systems and development of medical devices.
- Enhancing the competitiveness of the sector through appropriate policy to make Telangana the most preferred destination for life science activities.
- Attracting new investments worth Rupees 20,000 crore in the sector by 2020.
- The state proposes to capture 20 percent share of the $100 billion market opportunity of India by 2025 with $13.5 billion share by 2020.
- Exports target of Rupees 50,000 crore by 2020.
- Creating an additional employment opportunity for 50,000 skilled personnel in the sector.
- Promoting applied R&D and innovation through bridging the gap between industry, academia, and R&D institutions .
- Promotion and strengthening of quality infrastructure.
The Life Sciences Policy of Telangana will focus on the growth of five key sub-sectors viz. Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology, Medical Devices, Bio-Services and Nutraceuticals.
- Pharmaceuticals such as Drug discovery & development, Generics, Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients, Formulations and Injectibles.
- Medical Devices such as Implants, General Devices, Diagnostics and Imaging Equipments, Ophthalmology, and Ancillary Component Suppliers.
- Biotechnology such as Biological and Bio-similar, Vaccines, Medical Biotechnology, Agricultural biotechnology, Industrial Biotechnology, Marine Biotechnology, Nanotechnology, Regenerative Medicine and Clinical Research.
- Bio-Services such as Contract Research Organizations, Contract Manufacturing Organizations, Contract Research and Manufacturing Organizations, Clinical Data Management Services, Bio-Informatics, R&D / Science Parks and Lab Space Providers, Instrumentation and Analytical Equipments, Facility, Design and engineering support services.
- Nutraceuticals such as Research and Manufacturing Organizations for nutrition products, R&D/ Science Parks for Functional Foods, Prebiotics & Probiotics categories.
For More Info: Click Here
To Download our App: Click Here