The Government of Madhya Pradesh has come up with “Madhya Pradesh Water Restructuring Project”. The key features are enlisted below:
- Increase in productivity of the fishermen in the presently available reservoirs and ponds.
- Increase in fish production and beneficiaries.
- Fishery Co-Operatives/Fishermen Group/Fish Farmers to whom the selected fishing reservoir/pond was issued on lease.
- 27 Districts (Neemuch, Mandsaur, Shajapur, Rajgarh, Morena, Shivpuri, Sheopur, Gwalior, Datia, Guna, Vidisha, Tikmgd, Chhatarpur, Rewa, Panna, Damoh, Ashok Nagar, Bhopal, Sehore, Satna, Katni, Raisen, Sagar, Dewas, Dhar, Ratlam and Ujjain) are eligible for this project.
- Project is active since 2005.
- 7-10 Days training to the fishermen totally sponsored by the world bank. Increase in productivity of fishermen.
- Building of hatcheries to improve quality of fish and strengthening of the infrastructure.
- Providing post harvesting facilities as: Landing Centre, Insulated Box etc.
- Development of short term reservoirs and long term reservoirs.
For More Information: Click Here