- The Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances is implementing a Plan Scheme of Modernization of Government Offices from 1987-88. The Scheme emphasizes on integrated and comprehensive planning for modernization of office with a view to promote efficiency and effectiveness in government functioning. Such planning should anticipate future requirements of at least a decade, though the implementation may be carried out in phases.
- Under the Scheme, Ministries/Departments are asked to draw integrated and comprehensive proposals for modernization and also prioritize identified offices/units under the same for funding and to forward the same to this Department in a prescribed proforma
- The Scheme aims at improvement of the work environment by adopting a holistic approach involving: & bull introduction of functional layout for office premises & bull creation of open offices to facilitate better supervision, redress of public grievances and better service to the public &bull creation of modern work stations with space for computers, LAN wires, printer cables, telephone, data ports etc. and also for paper work &bull efficient file management and & bull cost effective and space effective records management.
- The Scheme is intended to serve as a model and needs to be supplemented with the efforts of Ministries/Departments themselves with regard to modernization.
- The Scheme is confined to the Government of India. Proposals meant for the main Ministries/Departments, attached offices and statutory bodies located in Delhi will alone be considered under the scheme. Proposals for field offices, subordinate offices, branch offices outside Delhi, new offices, training institutes, public sector undertakings, registered societies, autonomous bodies, etc. fall outside the purview of this Scheme.
- Proposals covering units having a public interface will be given preference over other units in the Ministries/Departments.
- Proposals received from Ministries/Departments, which have not earlier availed of the Scheme are given priority.
- Proposals need to fulfill conditions as mentioned in the aims and objectives of the Scheme. At least 25 percent of the estimated cost of the proposal needs to be provided by the concerned Ministry/Department.
The Ministries/Departments should ensure as far as practicable uniformity in the physical parameters, as detailed below, of the projects executed under the scheme of Modernization:
- Partition height
- Storage space
- Design of Filing-cupboard
- Design of Desks/Tables
- Design of the Chair
- Lighting (CFL)
- Movement Space
For More Information: Click Here