- Neyveli Lignite Corporation Limited (NLC) which comes under Ministry of Coal is going to set up solar power plants to produce 4000 megawatt (MW) and at cost of 7-7.5 crore.
- B Surender Mohan, chairman and managing director NLC, said that this project is coming in line with the National Solar Mission at Tamilnadu, Pondicherry, Karnataka, Kerala, Telungana and Rajasthan. The whole project will attract investment to the tune of Rs 28,000-30,000 crore
- He also said that the implementation of these projects will be based on land availability and techno economic viability of the project
- He said land has been identified in Neyveli Township for the installation of 130 MW Solar Power Project and at Barsingsar, Rajasthan for setting up 25 MW Solar Power Project .
- TANGEDCO came forward to buy the Solar Energy from NLC at the cost of Rs.7.01