- Road and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari told that Nagaland road project will be taken up till March 2017.
- The Centre decided to have roads of more than 10,000 km in length in the region which would incur an approximate cost of Rs 1 lakh crore in a five-year span.
- Gadkari said the 43 km-long four laning of NH-39 will be completed at an estimated cost of Rs 1,200 crore.
- He informed, the Ministry has sanctioned three bridge works under CRF for 2015-16 worth Rs 91 crore.
- Pointing out agriculture and industrial development as two important sectors for development of a country, the Union Ministry described North East as a land full of minerals while also having tremendous tourism potential.