- After Kudankulam Nuclear power plant (KNPP) successful launch, India and Russia may enter into a discussion on allotment of second site.
- This discussion may take place during the 16th annual summit, which will be held in 3rd week of December
- At first Haripur in West Bengal is decided as second place. But the local party and communist party opposed the decision.
- Government decided to allocate a place in Costal Andhra Pradesh where Russia can build 6 nuclear power plants
- In this summit, discussion on bilateral, regional and international issues will be taken up. At the same time plans for future cooperation on civil nuclear energy sector will be chalked out.
Source: Defence News