The scheme is implemented by the Animal Husbandry Department of Uttarakhand. Animal rearing is done in the hilly areas of the state and is governed majorly by women, to provide them the fodder easily this scheme was launched. For this Pasture and Fodder Reserves are to be constructed to provide green and fresh fodder to the animals.
Selection of Place:
- The area would be selected after Detailed Consideration from Van Panchayat and Other Regional Bodies/Women.
- Selected area should not be less than 5 Hectares
- Selected area should be free from any disputes.
- Selected area should be close to the road and at least 1 KM far from the Residential Area.
- Height from Mean Sea Level should be between 1000 m to 2000m.
- Selected area should not be inclined more than 40
- Trees and Bushes should be least and Water source should be nearby.
- More than 50% of area should be in the East, North-East & North-West Aspect.
Opening of Bank Account:
Bank account on the name of Fodder Development Association will be opened. Each member of Self Help Group will be charged Rs 100 for membership. This money will be used for the execution of the scheme along with other funding.
Execution of Work:
- 5 Hectare area will be fenced by wood/iron poles/barbed wires.
- Reservoirs for Rain Water Harvesting will be constructed.
- Construction of Compost Pit.
- Plantation of Pasture and Fodder Crops.
- Construction of Contour Terraces.
- Use of Organic Fertilisers
For More Info: Click Here