- Pentagon established a special cell called India Rapid Reaction Cell (IRRC), in order to accelerating the process of collaborative development and production of hi-tech military equipment.
- India is the first country to have such cell inside the Pentagon.
- This cell consists of seven people representing various Departments in US Defence and is headed by Keith Webster, Director, International Cooperation Office of the Under Secretary of Defence for Acquisition, Technology and Logistics
- Objective of this cell is to provide a dedicated support to build operational pace for all the initiatives under DTTI (Defence Trade and Technology Initiative)
- IRRC has started the process of sending new proposals to India for co-production and co-development and mobile hydroelectric is one such initiative which thru within three months on the US side with India.