Name of the scheme:
Scheme for providing handholding support to differently able persons for availing skill training/skill upgradation through ‘Vishesh Prashikshan Mitras’.
To provide handholding support to needy Persons with Disabilities (PwDs) for availing skill raining/skill upgradation under National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation’s (NHFDC) EDP scheme.
State Channelizing Agencies (SCAs), various financial institutions i.e. banks promoting NHFDC’s schemes known as Vishesh Prashikhan Mitras.
Eligibility criteria for registering Vishesh Prashikhan Mitras
- Existing national level Entrepreneurship Development Institutions (EDIs) like NIESBUD (National Institute for Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development) etc.
- Insurance agents, banking agents of PSBs/RRBs those working for financial inclusion and agents of post offices are also eligible.
- Other organizations, training institutes, NGOs etc. those are approved by CMD, NHFDC are eligible as well.
Quantum of assistance:
Under this scheme, financial assistance would be provided to Vishesh Prashikhan Mitras and they will provide financial assistance to eligible disabled people.
- Financial assistance of Rs. 1,000/- per trainee will be given to Vishesh Prashikshan Mitras to assist PwDs.
- 80% of this grant will be released at the time of completion of training of PwDs and the rest 20% will be given once the post training track record of 6 months of PwDs is submitted.
For more information, click here
You can contact NHFDC here
To walk in Support of Accesible India Please register here, April 17th Hyderabad