- PM Narendra Modi expressed his concern over rising instances of call drops and directed officials to address the issue on emergence basis as it is directly affects the common man.
- Modi also indicates to ensure that the problems in voice connectivity do not extend to data connectivity in the future.
- Telecom operators were requested to spend more on network optimization.
- GSM industry association COAI and Telecom operators shifted the blame on government for not helping them to set up new towers for reducing the occurrence of call drops. The other issues which are backing them to install more towers are radiation scare and rent seeking behaviour of the local government bodies.
- Ravi Shankar Prasad, telecom minister, sought ‘in-principle’ approval from various government bodies for permitting operators to install towers in government buildings, hospitals and defense land.