Empowerment through education is the basic objective of this scheme. This scheme is formulated for uplifting the social-economic conditions of the minority community by creating potential required for employment.
This scheme is initiated for the welfare of meritorious students from minority communities. This scholarship will be awarded for students studying, from class I to class X, in various Government institutes or selected private institutes.
- 30% of scholarship will be earmarked for girl students.
- Inter-se selection weightage is to be given to poverty rather than marks.
- financial assistance will be provided for admission/tuition fee and maintenance allowance
- Scholarships will be provided for the entire course whereas Maintenance allowance is set for 10 months in an academic year.
- The scheme will be implemented through the State Government which will be supported by central government in 75:25 ratios
- Scholarship will be awarded to the students of minority community studying in Classes I to X securing atleast 50% of marks in previous exams
- Only two students from a family will be eligible for getting this scholarship
- Student should attend the school regularly
Application for this scheme is available at https://www.scholarship.itschool.gov.in
For more details on this scheme click here