- Ministry of Oil and natural Gas proposing to issue new licenses for establishment of CNG outlets to build green highway zones.
- The zones would be built along Delhi-Agra, Delhi-Chandigarh, Delhi-Haridwar and Mumbai-Pune highway
- Presently there are 53800 outlets but India need another 32000 outlets more in the next 10years.
- The deregulation of oil prices has encouraged private players to enter in to this field.
- Government has introduced revenue sharing in the place of profit sharing in the recently auctioning of 69 oil fields.
- The bidding process will be concluded before the year end.