Every year 50 Non-Govt. aided high schools from Goa are considered for availing the benefit of the scheme. The selected institutions are eligible for sanction of grant towards purchase of musical equipment, remuneration of the music teachers/accompanists and maintenance grant/TA to music teachers/accompanist. The key features are enlisted below:
The objective of the scheme is to provide grants to educational institutions for imparting cultural education by way of conducting regular classes in Performing Arts i.e Music/Dance etc.
Grant will be released in the following manner:
- The grant of Rs. 20,000/- per school shall be sanctioned and paid towards purchase of musical equipment as initial grant to start music classes.
- Sr. Artist/Musician @Rs.7000/- P.M. as Remuneration. (Senior Teacher)
- Rs. 2000/- to be given per year as maintenance grant and for the purpose of TA to the music teachers during official visit to the department.
- Rs. 10,000/- to be given once in three years to take care/add to the earlier Musical equipment.
- Artist/Musician @Rs.5000/- P.M. as Remuneration. (Accompanist) Thus the Remuneration to the music teachers will be paid Monthly.
The grant of remuneration of Music Teacher/accompanist will be released after obtaining claims from the concerned schools. The school have to present utilisation certificate showing the amount utilized by the school for the year ending and un-utilised amount to be Remitted to the department by D.D.
For More Info: Click Here