- Tata Group chairman Ratan Tata today sought details of train accidents in the recent past and the railways’ action plan to prevent such incidents at the second meeting of Kaya Kalp council.
- This meeting was held in relation with the accident happened yesterday in Andhra Pradesh that claimed six lives.
- He wanted to know whether level crossing (LC) gates are being equipped with hooter system to warn road users.
- He also requested to have the complete data on accidents, including types of accident, casualties and other loss in the recent past and the steps being taken to curb such incidents
- Tata has also indicated the two unions to come up with their suggestions on customer satisfaction and employees’ benefit for the next meeting.
- At this meeting Railway members made a power-point presentations on aspects such as performance, social responsibility, customer satisfaction, employee benefits and adoption of modern technology in public transportation.
- Kaya Kalp was set up to recommend innovative methods and processes for the improvement, betterment and transformation of the state-run rail network.