Fisheries Department, Government of Himachal Pradesh has a scheme for Himachali Fishermen.
“Risk Fund Scheme” that will be given to the fisherman at the time of any loss.
- Under this scheme each reservoir fishermen contributes Rs. 20 annually, that is collected from him at the beginning of the year while issuing the licenses.
- The State Government contribute an amount equal to the total contribution of the fishermen.
- The assistance from the fund to the fishermen is given only on loss of gill nets, wooden boats, and tents.
- Based on the present value of the equipments the compensation is given up to 33% of the loss of each item.
- Maximum assistance is given in case of total loss/destruction of the equipment.
Contact: The Fisheries Department, Government of Himachal Pradesh.
For More Info: Click Here.