Objective: The objective of the Scheme is to support voluntary cultural organizations and government-aided cultural organizations in their efforts to create appropriately equipped training, rehearsal and performance spaces for artistes.
- Conventional Cultural Spaces for Performing Arts
- Flexible Spaces, i.e., Studio Theatres, etc.: Non-proscenium rehearsal-cum-performance spaces, referred to as Studio Theatre or Experimental Theatre, that are characterized by the following special features
- A project proposal to create an auditorium, a studio theatre or other cultural space(s) may include an appropriate combination of any of the following components
The scheme covers:
- All not-for-profit organizations that fulfill the following criteria:-
- The organization has a predominantly cultural profile, working primarily for the promotion of arts and culture in fields such as dance, drama, theatre, music, fine arts, indology and literature at least for a period of three years.
- The organization is registered as a society under the Registration of Societies Act (XXI of 1860) or similar Acts, or as a Trust or as a Not-for-Profit Company, at least for a period of three years.
- The organization is well established and known to be doing meaningful work in the field of its activity and has gained a local, regional or national identity.
- Its charter is devoted to the preservation, propagation and promotion of Indian arts and culture.
- Government-sponsored bodies for promoting the performing arts.
- University Departments or Centres dedicated to the performing arts.
- Colleges set up to promote the performing arts.
- Maximum assistance under the scheme will be as under:
|Cities||Type of Project||Limit of Assistance|
|Bangalore||Projects involving new construction or purchase of built up space||Rs. 50 lakhs|
|Hyderabad||All other projects||Rs. 25 lakhs|
|All non-Metro cities, towns or places||All projects||Rs. 25 lakhs|
- Assistance under the scheme to an organization will be restricted to a maximum of 60% of the approved estimated project cost, subject to the ceilings given above.
- The validity of sanction of financial assistance will be 3 years from the date of release of the 1st instalment and all projects must be completed within this 3-year period.
For More Information: Click Here