Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (Digvijaya), GoI, has a special scheme for people with special needs- SIDPA– under Scheme for Implementation of Persons with Disabilities (SIDPA) Act, 1995.
- To provide barrier free environment in important government buildings.
- To make Government websites at the State and District levels accessible to PwDs, as per guidelines for Indian Government Websites issued by the Department of Administration.
- To set up early Diagnostic and Intervention Centres at the district headquarters.
- To offer Skill Development Programmes for Persons with Disabilities.
- To offer one time grants to State Governments for providing infrastructural facilities to Offices of State Commissioners for Persons with Disabilities.
- For construction of Special Recreation Centres for PwDs.
- To State Governments and various other bodies, set up by the Central and State Governments
- Including Autonomous Bodies and Universities to support activities related to Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995, particularly relating to rehabilitation and provision of barrier-free access.
- The District Disability Rehabilitation Centres (DDRCs) and Composite Rehabilitation Centres (CRCs) set up by the Department are also provided support under this scheme.
The range of activities for which grant-in-aid is provided with regard to barrier free access is wide, which includes ramps, lifts, tactile paths, new product development and research etc.
For More Info: Click Here.
For Updates Download our App: Click Here.