On 19 August 2022, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Shri Yogi Adityanath has announced the launch of the UP Free Tablet/ Smartphone scheme. Free smartphones and laptops will be distributed to the meritorious students of the state. In addition, a budget of Rs 3000 crore has been set by the government to conduct this scheme. Students studying in Graduation, Post-Graduation, Technical, and Diploma will be able to get the benefit of UP Free Tablet / Smartphone Scheme.
Furthermore, under this scheme, free digital access will also be provided to the youth. In other words the students will be able to get education through these tablets and smartphones. Moreover, these smartphones and tablets will be pre-loaded with study content Around 2 crore youths studying in schools and colleges will be given free of cost tablets. Yogi government 2.0 has listed UP Free Tablet Yojana in their 100 days action plan in which around 9.74 lakh tablets will be given free to students.
- Students residing and studying in Uttar Pradesh are eligible for this Scheme.
- Students have to be enrolled in Government or Private schools in Uttar Pradesh.
- Beneficiaries of Scheme must be under EWS Category.
- The Annual Income of Family and Assets must not exceed Rs 2.5 Lakh.
- Candidates must be meritorious students of their class or School, Other eligibility conditions are updated with time.
Key Features of UP Free Tablet / Smartphone Scheme
Apart from the above information the scheme has the following key features:
- The smartphone will act as a two-way communication tool to inform and educate people about the scheme and policies of UP government.
- The smartphone comes with the latest software and loaded with the app where users can share feedback about the government policies and schemes.
- The e-smartphones under UP Free Mobile Phone Yojana 2022 will be kept in college library and would be issued to students like books.
- As a result this Distribution of tablets and smartphones under UP Free Tablet/Smartphone Distribution Scheme would lead to technical empowerment of the youth.
- Lastly, not only the youth will be able to complete their educational courses successfully but also after completing their education they can use the gadgets to work in various government /non-government organizations or self-reliance schemes
Steps to Register for UP free Tablet Yojana 2022
- Visit the online portal of Student UP Tablet Yojana by Uttar Pradesh Govt CLICK HERE
- Select UP Free Tablet (Smartphone) Yojana for further process.
- Register yourself using an Aadhar Card and Student card issued by your school.
- Click on Submit button to proceed to the next step of the UP Tablet Scheme.
- Finally, your acknowledgment number will be visible for further status checks.
Furthermore the below given documents are required to access the scheme
Required Documents for UP Free Tablet/ Smartphone Yojana
- Aadhaar Card
- Domicile Certificate
- 10th/ 12th Marksheet
- Income certificate
- Age certificate
- Bank Account details
- Mobile Number
- Passport-sized Photo