- Replacing Planning Commission, NITI Aayog is an initiative of the Centre to reach out the states with the vision of cooperative federalism and Team India spirit.
- Center is coming with a road map for states to improve governance and evaluate the progress of development.
- Based on the recommendations of 14th Finance Commission, Centre agreed for increase in allocation of funds to state for development activities and wants to sure that states deliver all programmes as per the time frame estimated.
- Through NITI Aayog Centre wants to help states rationalize their government departments, review all state-level laws and ensure target-oriented growth.
- Experts believe that the proposal may not go well with states as it is a constant monitoring by Centre and results in loss of states’ autonomy