- The launch of Swachh Bharat Mission boosted the sales of Toilet Cleaners.
- The toilet cleaners segment has seen a sudden surge of 10-12% growth in quarterly sales since October last year when the sanitation programme was launched.
- Rural markets saw a 30-60% growth in the past three quarters and nearly 60 lakh households started using toilet cleaners between October and June.
- KK Chutani, Executive Director-Consumer Care Business at Dabur India, said that The construction of household toilets helped in creating awareness about sanitation and hygiene, and people in rural India started buying quality sanitation products.
- Sanitation Companies made toilets accessible and affordable, while promoting the benefits of clean toilets and good hygiene.
- Pricing strategy by companies helped them to launch a smaller packs of 200-ml at an affordable price of ₹ 24-30.
- Swachh Bharat by 2019 aims to building 12 crore toilets in rural India at a projected cost of ₹1.96 lakh crore