The central government provides financial assistance to students from Minority Communities who are pursuing their higher studies like M.Phil and PhD through Maulana Azad National Fellowship for Minority Students. This fellowship is formulated and funded by the Ministry of Minority of Minority Affairs. Students who are from Minority Community like Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Buddhist and Farsi can avail for this fellowship. There are 756 slots every year for all the subjects. However, 3% of this fellowship is reserved for Differently abled candidates from Minority Community.
The main objective is to provide full integrated five year fellowships to bright young students from the minority communities.
- The student must belong to any minority community as notified under Section 2 (c ) of the National Commission for Minorities Act, 1992.
- Must be pursuing regular full-time M.Phil/PhD courses in University/Academic Institution registered under UGC.
- A student once eligible for receiving fellowship under this scheme cannot receive any other fellowship/scholarship/financial benefits from any other source/central/state government/UGC otherwise his/her eligibility for this fellowship will be cancelled.
- However, prior clearance for NET/SLET is not necessary to receive this fellowship.
- Nevertheless, to qualify for JRF/SRF award, UGC rules is applicable at pre-M.phil and pre-P.hD stage respectively including a minimum 50% score at post-graduation.
Duration of the fellowship:
|Course Name||Maximum Duration||Acceptability of JRF and SRF|
|M.Phil||2 years||2 years|
|M.Phil + PhD||5 years||2 years, Remaining 3 years (SRF)|
The fellowship amount for JRF and SRF will be at par with the UGC fellowship guidelines as amended from time to time. Presently the amount is here under-
|Fellowship||₹25,000/- per month for JRF (for initial 2 years)
₹28,000/- per month for SRF (for remaining 3 years)
|Contingency for Arts & Commerce||₹10, 000/- annually for initial 2 years
₹.20, 500/- annually for remaining 3 years
|Contingency for Science and Engineering||₹12, 000/- annually for initial 2 years
₹25, 000/- annually for remaining 3 years
|Assistance from Department||₹3,000/- annually per student to the host institution for providing infrastructure|
|Escorts/Readers Assistance||₹2,000/- per month in cases of physically and visually challenged candidates|
How to avail:
Application for this fellowship for the current academic year has been closed.
Keep visiting the website to apply for next year.
For assistance CONTACT US