Although Uttar Pradesh is the largest milk producing State in the country but average productivity of animals is low in comparison to other states of the country mainly due to less availability of high yielding germ plasm animals in the State. In order to overcome the low availability of high yielding germ plasm animals, the Government of Uttar Pradesh has launched interest free Kamdhenu Dairy Scheme, which envisage establishment of dairy units of 100 high yielding animals procured from outside the State.
- To ensure production and availability of high quality milk producing animals in the State.
- To develop high yielding milk producing germ plasm animals “center of excellence” in the State.
- To ensure availability of high milk yielding animals to the farmers in the State.
- Each unit will consist of 100 animals (Cows/Buffaloes) in milk
- Cows will be only of either all of cross bred Jersey, or cross bred H.F. or Shahiwal breed, Buffaloes will be of Murrah breed only.
- The unit can be of cows only or buffaloes only or a mixed of the two with whatever number.
- All the animals under this scheme are to be purchased from outside the State.
- The beneficiary should have at least two Acres of Land, excluding the land required for construction of Sheds and Godowns etc.
- Minimum 25% of total unit cost i.e. Rs. 30.38 Lakhs is to be borne by the beneficiary from his own resources in the form of margin money and rest amount i.e. maximum up to Rs. 91.14 Lakhs would come as loan from Bank.
- Interest at rate of 12% per year on loan amount taken from bank will be reimbursed by Government of Uttar Pradesh up to five years (60 Months) up to the maximum limit of Rs. 32.82 lakhs in five years for each unit.
Nodal Officer (Kamdhenu Dairy Scheme)
Department of Animal Husbandry Uttar Pradesh
E-mail: [email protected].
For more Information: Click Here