Ornamental fish keeping and its propagation has been an interesting activity for many, which provide not only aesthetic pleasure but also financial openings. Considering the production potential, good market demand for ornamental fishes and keeping in view of the employment opportunity to the urban and semi urban youth NFDB has launched a scheme for providing financial assistance.
- Members of women SHGs / fisherwomen cooperatives and any household those who have own house with a minimum area of approximately 200-250 sq. ft. vacant land with adequate water facility for setting up of ornamental fish production unit.
- Members of women SHGs/ fisherwomen cooperatives and any household those who have vacant land with a minimum area of approximately 200-250 sq ft and adequate water facility on lease for a minimum of 7 years period adjacent to their house for setting up of ornamental fish production unit.
- Willing to take up the activity in accordance with the guidelines of NFDB iv. Prospective beneficiaries willing to undergo training at the Government sponsored institutions.
Pattern of Assistance:
- The unit cost for establishment of back-yard hatchery is estimated at Rs. 1,00,000/-.
- NFDB will provide 50% of the unit cost as subsidy for members of women SHGs and fisher women cooperatives and 25% subsidy to any individual household and 30% subsidy for S.C/S.T for establishment of back-yard hatchery.
For More Info: Click Here