Youth Start-Up Loan Scheme (YSLS)
YSLS has served many individuals and their associated dreams to become a reality since 2013. This scheme was launched under the state’s Sher-i-Kashmir Employment and welfare programme for Youth (SKEWPY) with the objective to create employment opportunities by setting up their own businesses. The state government provides financial assistance as term loans.
The assistance will be provided to any commercially viable and technically feasible ventures relating to the priority sectors of the state:
- Agriculture and its allied sectors: Horticulture, floriculture, poultry rearing, etc.
- Food Technology
- Information Technology
- Cold Chains
- Handlooms and Handicrafts
- Eligible applicant can get up to INR 8 lacs.
- 10% of the project cost will be taken as margin money.
- For loans up to INR 4 lacs – the applicant will need a guarantor – the person should be a government employee with at least 6 years of service in hand.
- For loans more than INR 8 lacs – the applicant will need two guarantors with more than 6 years of service in hand.
- Interest rate: 6%
- The loan receiver has to pay it back in 20 quarterly equal instalments in 5 years.
- At least 10+2 pass
- Citizen of J&K
- First generation entrepreneur
- Age group from 18 to 37 years.
- Should be registered with the Employment Exchange.
For more information, CLICK HERE.