Name of the scheme: ‘Post-Matric Scholarship’ for Students Belonging to the Minority Communities
Purpose: To award scholarships to meritorious students belonging to economically weaker sections of minority community for providing them better opportunities for higher education, increase their rate of attainment in higher education and enhance their employability. The scholarship is to be awarded for studies in India in a government or private higher secondary school/college/university.
- Educational qualification- Scholarship will be awarded to the students who have secured not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination
- Annual income: Annual family income of his/her parents/guardian from all sources should not exceed Rs.2 lakh.
- 30% of the scholarship will be reserved for girl students.
- The award will be discontinued if a student fails to secure 50% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination.
- The scholarships will not be awarded to more than two students per family.
Scholarship will be provided for the entire course. However, maintenance allowance will be given for a period of 10 months in an academic year.
Amount of scholarship:
|Sl. No.||Item||Hosteller||Day Scholar|
|1||Admission and tuition fee for classes XI and XII||Actual subject to a maximum limit of Rs. 7,000 per annum||Actual subject to a maximum limit of Rs. 7,000 per annum|
|2||Admission and course/tuition fee for technical and vocational courses of XI and XII level. (Includes fees/charges for raw materials, etc.)||Actual subject to a maximum ceiling of Rs.10,000 p.a.||Actual subject to a maximum ceiling of Rs.10,000 p.a.|
|3||Admission and tuition fee for undergraduate, post graduate.||Actual subject to a maximum limit of Rs. 3,000/- p.a.||Actual subject to a maximum limit of Rs. 3,000/- p.a.|
|4||Maintenance allowance for 10 months only in an academic year (Includes expenses for study material, etc.)||
|(i) Classes XI and XII including technical and vocational courses of this level.|
|(ii)Courses other than technical and Rs.570 p.m. Rs.300 p.m. professional courses at undergraduate and post graduate level||Rs.570 p.m.||Rs.300 p.m.|
|(iii) M. Phil and Ph.D.
(For those researchers who are not awarded any fellowship by university or any other authority)
|Rs.1200 p.m.||Rs.550 p.m.|
How to apply?
Visit here to apply .
For more information about this scholarship scheme, click here.