Bangla Swanirbhar Karmasansthan Prakalpa is a scheme launched by Government of West Bengal to create self-employment by promoting micro industries, manufacturing, trade, service and other sectors except for direct agriculture industry through providing loans. Both urban and rural areas come under this scheme. This scheme is called “Atma Maryada” for youth and for entrepreneurs it is called as “Atma Samman”.
- Maximum loan provided to an individual is ₹ 10 Lakh
- Maximum loan provided to a group is ₹ 25 Lakh including 10% margin money contribution from the applicant.
- The state government also provides a subsidy of the project cost at the rate of 20% with a maximum loan of ₹ 1 Lakh to individuals and ₹ 2.5 lakh to groups.
- Although subsidy is provided only to those individual or group of entrepreneurs who have contributed 10% of the project cost and margin money.
- Any independent individual entrepreneur can avail this scheme. In case of a group of entrepreneurs, a minimum five members and all of them should belong to the same area.
- Although, central and state government employees or any person in other government undertaking cannot apply for this scheme.
- Only one member per family is eligible to form a group.
- Applicant however has to be an unemployed youth and is registered with an employment exchange.
- Income criteria- Family income of an applicant should be ₹ 15,000 per month.
- The applicant should be between 18 and 45 years.
How to avail this scheme?
Any eligible youth can apply via the prescribed application form available with self-employment offices as well as blocks/self-help group. Contact the Block officer/Municipality/self-help group/self-employment officer for further details on this matter.