Government of Gujarat celebrated year 2007-08 as “Nirmal Gujarat”. If the village is properly cleaned the good spirits of cleanliness will be spread. This would increase the level of cleanliness as well as level of rural life. Inspired by this the gram panchayat may be alert to make the village neat and clean. Consequently, financial assistance may be given for neatness and cleanliness, which may be used for preservation of cleanliness and to purchase sanitation equipment.
The Key Points under this Yojana are:
- Gram panchayat should spray medicines, in dirty place, public gutter lines and roads.
- Dung-hills should be shifted to proper places and the place should be in the outskirts of the village.
- Scavenging tax should be introduced in gram panchayat and village. Sanitation arrangements should be intensified.
- Toilets should be constructed in the Schools, Panchayat-Ghar, Anganwadi, Primary Health Centres etc.
- Slogans/posters of ‘Nirmal gujarat’ should be pasted at public places in the village.
- Arrangement for individual and community toilets should be made.
- Total sanitation campaign should be organized in village areas.
- Maintenance of animals should be ensured at a proper distance from residential places.
- State govt. shall allocate the amount equal to collection of scavenging tax by the village as incentive grant.
For More Info: Click Here