Andhra Pradesh Government has launched ‘AP Purse’ mobile application to promote digital transactions among the people.
It was launched by Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu in Vijayawada to solve the cash crunch problem in the state following demonetization of high value old currency notes.
- The application features 13 mobile banking and 10 mobile wallet options.
- Using this application people can pay their bills and carry out their cashless transactions.
- Government will rope agents named ‘Marpu Nestam’ to improve digital financial literacy among people. They will be provided with incentives.
- Engineering students will be encouraged to train people in mobile banking transactions using several wallets. This would help the students to earn while learn.
- State government introduced cashless transactions at fair price shops and completed 70% of transactions using Aadhaar linkage to provide relief to people suffering from shortage of small currency.
Most of the apps are accepted in:
Government agencies (MeeSeva, Electricity Bills, etc.), retail shops, eCommerce websites, online food ordering/delivery services, restaurants, petrol pumps, grocery stores, bill payments, online recharges of Mobile, DTH and Datacard, electronic shops, mobile shops, booking movie tickets, event tickets, bus tickets, railway tickets and flight tickets..etc.
Source: Telgu Times