The UP government has recently floated the CM Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme (CMAPS) for the youths of the state. The CMAPS is an initiative by the Uttar Pradesh Government through which the state government will provide technical training to youths and help them in finding job opportunities for a specific period.
Due to economic problems and poverty, youths of UP are unemployed and are forced to do small-time unskilled labor. That is why the government intends to provide training to these youth so that the scope of skilled employment opportunities gets widened for them. Hence after receiving training from government centers, various employment options will be available to the youth.
In this scheme, different departments will train the youths. Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) will train around 50,000 youths, 35000 youths by the Industrial Development department, and 37000 youth by 18 other departments of the state. Training will be imparted to 5,000 youths in Health and Family Welfare department, 1,000 in Urban Development department, 5,000 in Irrigation Department, 2,000 in Secondary and Higher Education department, 400 in Rural Engineering department, 100 in Tourism department, 1,000 in Medical Education department, 600 in Vocational and Skill Development department, 1,000 in Technical Education department, 4,000 in Public Works department, 8,000 in Additional Sources of Energy departments, 800 in Transport department, 8,000 in Agriculture, Sugarcane, Horticulture, and Food Processing and Cooperation department, 8,000 in of Animal Husbandry and Dairying Department, 5,000 in Housing and Urban Planning department, 160 in UP Housing Development Council, 80 in UP Project Corporation and 4,200 in Panchayati Raj department.
Highlights of the scheme:
- Training will be free of cost.
- During the tenure of apprenticeship training, the trainee will receive Rs 2500 per month as a stipend
- The duration of the training will be either 6 months or 1 year depending upon the department in which your training takes place.
- An outlay of Rs. 100 crore has been allocated to increase the target of job opportunities.
- Training will take place in centers run by government org, non-government org, cooperative bodies, MSMEs, and private industries.
- After receiving the efficiency training, the trainee will get jobs depending upon the skills that he/she acquired through training.
- To avail, the benefit both the establishment (who wants to impart training to their employee) and the individual apprentice (any person can self-register themselves for the scheme) have to register on the apprenticeship portal.
Min qualification is 10th passed to apply for this scheme.
Where to apply:
To avail of the scheme provided by the UP government Click Here
Apply through https://apprenticeshipindia.org/ ( both candidate and establishment registration is available)
For further details Click Here