- Russia is an important partner for India in peaceful uses of nuclear energy.
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and Russia’s Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin, chairing the 21st India-Russia Inter-Governmental Consultations, looked at ways to enhance the mutual direct investment to $15 billion by 2025.
- India and Russia today discussed ways to boost their economic ties to achieve the target of $30 billion in bilateral trade in the next 10 years.
- Agriculture, pharmaceutical and infrastructure were some of the areas identified by both sides to strengthen their economic engagement.
- Economic agenda, space, energy, culture and science and technology were some of the focus areas in consultation.