- Mutual fund managers pumped in over Rs 7,600 crore in equity markets in April, making it their highest net inflow in more than seven years, mainly on account of positive investor sentiments and the government’s reforms agenda.
- Mutual fund (MF) industry’s asset base has grown around 10 per cent to Rs 11.86 lakh crore at the end of April from March, primarily driven by huge inflows in equity schemes and money market segment.
- In comparison, they pulled out Rs 2,698 crore from the stock markets in April 2014.
- This was the highest net inflow in equitiessince January 2008.
- Besides, fund managers invested a net amount of Rs 28,650 crore in debt markets last month
- Experts have attributed this strong inflow in stock markets to positive investor sentiments, government’s reforms agenda, improved fundamentals of the domestic economy and increased participation from retail investors.