- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, today chaired his third interaction through PRAGATI .
- Prime Minister reviewed the implementation of key issues pertaining to ex-servicemen. Expressing serious concern at the perceived “atmosphere of indifference” with regard to issues pertaining to ex-servicemen such as delay in pension and retirement benefits, the Prime Minister directed the concerned authorities to pay more attention to their resolution at the earliest.
- Reviewing the quality of service under CGHS (Central Government Health Service), the Prime Minister gave clear directions to the concerned departments to resolve pending issues and grievances at the earliest.
- The Prime Minister reviewed the progress of key infrastructure and related projects in various states, including Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Haryana, Chhattisgarh, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur and Uttarakhand. Projects were reviewed in the sectors of road and rail connectivity, bridges, power transmission lines, coal, atomic energy, and industrial infrastructure.
- In the course of these reviews, the Prime Minister repeatedly stressed how improved coordination between the Centre and States could help avoid delays and cost overruns in projects.
- Shri Narendra Modi also reviewed the implementation of the Prime Minister’s special scholarship scheme for students of Jammu and Kashmir.
- The Prime Minister expressed satisfaction that PRAGATI was speeding up decision-making processes in vital projects and important areas of governance.
- He also said that the spirit of problem-solving and swift implementation, which is being generated through the PRAGATI interactions, is gradually spreading to all areas of governance.