Udiyaman Swanirbhar Karmasansthan Prakalpa is a scheme by West Bengal government to grant loan to unemployed youth by providing them with subsidized credit from commercial banks. The scheme launched in 2008 is provided to those youth who are registered with employment exchanges.
Directorate of Employment, Labour Department, West Bengal with Employment Exchanges network has implemented this scheme through commercial banks and other financial organizations.
Small scale industries like retail, trade, service sector, transport, agriculture related activities are considered under this scheme.
- Maximum loan including margin money/subsidy given to any individual entrepreneur is ₹ 50,000/-
- Margin money/subsidy given to an individual at the rate of 25% is amounted to a maximum ₹ 12,500/-
If beneficiary is more than one in identical trade then that is equitable as a joint/group activity under this scheme. In such cases, the group is benefitted under Udiyaman Swanirbhar Karmasansthan Joutha Prakalpa. However, the benefits provided under this scheme remain the same irrespective of single or joint venture.
- Age criteria- The applicant has to be between age 18 and 45 years. In case of SC/ST/OBC/Differently abled/Women, the upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years.
- The applicant has been registered under Employment Exchange for over one year. However, candidates from SC/ST/OBC/Women/Differently abled/Ex-Servicemen/EDP trained candidates are not required to register under employment exchange.
- Must have paid his dues in financial organizations, governments and banks.
- The beneficiary is not getting any benefits under Self Employment Scheme for the Registered Unemployed (SESRU) anywhere in the state.
Self employment awareness camp:
Directorate of Employment, West Bengal in a bid to generate more entrepreneurs is using the Employment Exchanges with two core objectives.
- To aware unemployed youth about the available opportunities regarding self-employment in present employment market.
- To provide entrepreneurs with required information and guidance about self-employment scheme, marketing strategy, banking procedures.
Duration of repayment:
Repayment can be done in maximum 5 to 7 years.
How to avail:
Prescribed application form supported by prescribed affidavit is available with the local Employment Exchange. Contact the employment exchange offices at respective locations to apply for this scheme.